[yt-users] How to re-process a scene?

Suoqing Ji suoqing at physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Sep 16 16:56:12 PDT 2016

Hi Scott,

Just add a bit to Nathan’s comments on volume rendering — previously the zooming factor does not change the open angle of perspective lens, that’s why you got the same images before and after zooming. I’ve already issued a PR here to fix this: https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2381/bugfix-fix-zoom-for-perspective-lens/diff

In addition, if you would like to rotate the camera and keep your focus fixed, you could specify the parameter “rot_center” to be your focus (http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/reference/api/generated/yt.visualization.volume_rendering.camera.Camera.rotate.html?highlight=rotate); if not, the default rotation center is the camera location. The default rotation center is not set to focus point because sometimes people use camera without setting the focus (say, giving the camera location and orientation already makes a camera well-defined). But we can definitely discuss and think about how to improve this.

Thanks for reporting this!

Best wishes,
--
Suoqing JI