[yt-users] Lineout plot fo 3D dataset

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:59:08 PDT 2016

Hi Scott,

You can use the .ortho_ray or .ray objects to do this sort of query, and
then query based on the positions from the resultant object.  Because you
might have AMR data, there's also a normalized "t" and "dt" coordinate
system that shows order-of-traversal, too.

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/reference/api/generated/yt.data_objects.selection_data_containers.YTOrthoRay.html
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/reference/api/generated/yt.data_objects.selection_data_containers.YTRay.html

-Matt