[yt-users] Gadget blocks' configuration

Bernhard Röttgers broett at MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Sat Sep 17 03:45:27 PDT 2016

Hello!

I am trying to use trident <https://bitbucket.org/trident-project/trident> (yt-based code) to generate spectra out of my Gadget simulations (stored in HDF5). I could get the code running, but the spectra are scaled weirdly. I was able to track the problem down to a weirdly scaled metallicity block within yt. I am guessing that the issue is related to the fact, that my block “Metallicity” is in fact element masses for individual elements, i.e. for each particle I have an array of masses for the 12 elements He, C, Mg, O, Fe, Si, H, N, Ne, S, Ca, and the rest (I know, a crappy naming for such a block, but that’s the way it is).

Is there a way to force yt to create the metallicity block correctly?.

Cheers,
Bernhard