[yt-users] divergence of velocity field in yt

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:24:11 PDT 2016

Hi Turhan,

If you have a copy of the yt source, I suggest having a look the
file yt/fields/vector_operations.py.  In there, you will find a function
called _divergence which illustrates how to create a divergence field.
Additionally, I recommend looking for where that function is put to use in
that file for an example of how to add such a field to the list of known
fields.

Britton