[yt-users] Projection questions

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:26:46 PDT 2016

Hi Nathan,

Thanks a lot for the clarifications. I got confused on just one of your
sentences:

*It will average all the cells along the line of sight at that x,y value.
Those cells might have different spatial resolutions.*

So, a projection doesn't factor in every cell in the simulation, but it
takes some subset? So, if there is a single cell in the grid that happens
to have an absolutely enormous field value, it's quite possible that this
will be under-factored or over-factored in a projection (depending on if
the projection rays "misses" or "hits" it)?

When you say the cells might have different resolution, do you mean they
would have *sub-cells *or that they would have different
lengths/widths/heights?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Scott

Scott Feister, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Flash Center for Computational Science
University of Chicago, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics