[yt-users] remap spherical geometry on cartesian

Andrea Negri negri.andre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:35:34 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm still struggling in porting the my ZEUS data in spherical
coordinates in yt. After many tests, I decided that it would by a good
idea to interpolate all my arrays from the spherical (non uniform)
grid to an AMR grid in cartesian (it will help me also with other
software that accepts only cartesian coordinates).

I wrote a python program to create an octree, but it is quite
unefficient. Than, I read that it is possible to create an octree with
yt. What I REALLY would like to do is to compute the octree,  save all
grids, all the levels in the GDF format,  than with a script open the
GDF format and insert in every grid the interpolated density, energy
etc...

I'm able to create the octree (or at least I think!) using the
attached script, but I don't know how to save it in the GDF format.
Could you help  me?

Many thanks,
Andrea