[yt-users] yt-users Digest, Vol 104, Issue 17

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 18 13:47:05 PDT 2016

​Hi Nathan,

Yes, if I could define the surface in terms of field values, things would
be easier.  Unfortunately I can't really do that.  The thing is I want to
define the outer shock wave in a simulation via a pressure criterion, which
can work, but then there are regions in my simulation inside the shock that
have pressure values below the cutoff value, which would then not be
included in the volume.

Jon​

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 4:33 PM, <yt-users-request at lists.spacepope.org>
wrote:

> If you can define your surface in terms of field values, you can use a
> cut_region data object:
>
> http://yt-project.org/doc/analyzing/filtering.html#cut-regions
>
> http://yt-project.org/doc/reference/api/generated/yt.
> data_objects.selection_data_containers.YTCutRegion.html#
> yt.data_objects.selection_data_containers.YTCutRegion
>
> I don't think there is a way to create a data object from a triangulated
> surface. In principle it would be possible to add by creating a new data
> object and adding new hooks to cython geometric selector API, but that has
> not yet been implemented.
>
> -Nathan

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA