[yt-users] Question about tunneling through ssh

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:01:23 PST 2016

Hi Jasmin,

As of the current release of yt, the show() method only works in the
jupyter notebook. This means that the behavior you're seeing is as
expected. You should be able to launch a notebook over your SSH tunnel.

Austin Gilbert implemented integration with matplotlib's interactive
backends over the summer and support for that is in the development
version, but it has not yet made its way into a stable release.

Nathan