[yt-users] Bin 1D spherically averaged profiles uniformly on log radius

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:38:16 PST 2016

And by default, I think the radius field is always uniformly binned in log
space. You can see for yourself by inspecting the underlying Profile1D
object associated with the ProfilePlot:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6946/

Here profile.x is the centers of the radius bins (profile.x_bins is the bin
edges). Note how when I take the logarithm of profile.x, then subtract
neighboring bin centers, I get a constant array: the bin sizes are constant
in log space.

-Nathan