[yt-users] Load in ASCII VTK

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Sun May 29 13:08:38 PDT 2016

Hi Lukas,

I think Nathan's point was that there are other people working on new frontends currently, and they are smoothing over the instructions for how to make a new one.

Probably the best thing to do in the short run is to figure out how to read your data in using the Athena frontend. If you have a sample dataset you can post somewhere for us to try that would help.

I nominally maintain the Athena frontend, but I don't have a ton of time at the moment, so it sort of depends on how difficult it will be to make the changes in terms of how long it will take. If you're up for giving it a shot yourself I'm happy to give you pointers.

Is this uniformly gridded data, or something else?

Best,

John

John ZuHone, Chandra/ACIS Operations
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics

60 Garden St., MS-67       (w) 617-496-1816
Cambridge, MA 02138.     (m) 781-708-5004

john.zuhone at cfa.harvard.edu
http://hea-www.cfa.harvard.edu/~jzuhone