[yt-users] light ray woes

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:47:26 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to make a light ray using a few redshift outputs from z=0.4 to
z=0.1.  Right now I just have two commands in my code taken basically
directly from the docs:

lr = LightRay("CBOX.enzo",simulation_type="Enzo",near_redshift=0.1,

far_redshift=0.4,time_data=False,redshift_data=True,find_outputs=True)

lr.make_light_ray(seed=8934876,fields=['temperature','density','velocity'],use_peculiar_velocity=True)

My current problem is that the first command "LightRay" doesn't seem to be
using any of my outputs between 0.4 and 0.1!  I am attaching the error
file, and you can see that it finds 9 outputs, 7 of which are between and
including 0.4 to 0.1.  However, then it claims that I am asking it to go
straight from 0.399996 to 0.1.

I do only have redshift dumps to work with, but I think that those should
be used since redshift_data=True

Does anyone have any advice for making this work?

Thanks,
Stephanie
--
Dr. Stephanie Tonnesen