[yt-users] using yt notebook in remote computer node

Alex Hill ashill at haverford.edu
Wed May 11 09:12:59 PDT 2016

Hi Yan-Fei,

You need to ssh to the compute node and forward the port from the compute node to the login node. This can be done by using ssh passthrough (ssh to the login node and then have the login node automatically forward your ssh connection to the compute node) on some systems; I use it routinely on pleiades.

Let me know if further details would be helpful; it was a bit finicky to set up the first time but is easy once set up.

<http://www.nas.nasa.gov/hecc/support/kb/one-step-connection-using-publickey-and-passthrough_62.html>

Cheers,
 Alex

---------
Alex Hill
Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate
Office: KINSC Link L106
Department of Astronomy, Haverford College
370 Lancaster Ave, Haverford, PA 19041 USA
phone: +1 484 297 2136
email/iMessage: ashill at haverford.edu