[yt-users] load structured mesh

Andrea Negri negri.andre at gmail.com
Mon May 2 07:53:27 PDT 2016

Of course. I have a 2.5D simulation in spherical coordinates. It is
axial symmetric, so the actual grid is 2D, r and theta. The grid is
structured, the grid spacing in theta is constant, while the spacing
in r follows a geometrical progression, i.e. dr[i+1] = dr[i] * factor,
where factor is a constant.

I don't know if yt supports axisymmetric grids, but I can bypass this
issue by duplicating the 2D array into a 3D one. Sure, it is not
efficient...

My ultimate goal is to produce projections, off axis projections and
mock X-ray observations.

Thanks,
Andrea