[yt-users] editing colormap for sliceplots does not work?

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:35:52 PDT 2016

Hi Jonah,

So it looks like the example in our docs isn't quite sufficiently
complicated to trigger the corner case you're running into. If you make the
last part of your script look like this, it works:

plot = p.plots[varname]
cbar = plot.cb
p._setup_plots()
cbar.set_ticks([])
cbar.set_ticklabels([])

I've gone ahead and issued a pull request to add a call to _setup_plots in
the example in the docs to avoid confusing anyone else who is trying to do
what you're doing.

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2065/add-a-call-to-_setup_plots-in-the-custom/diff

-Nathan