[yt-users] Mirroring Cartesian data about a plane for volume rendering

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:06:19 PDT 2016

If the mirrored dataset can fit in memory and your FLASH simulation uses
AMR, you could also try using load_amr_grids:

http://yt-project.org/doc/reference/api/generated/yt.frontends.stream.data_structures.load_amr_grids.html

It would be cool to add more official support for this, and in a way that
doesn't require loading the dataset in memory. I think it would be natural
to do in the new volume rendering API (a MirroredVolumeSource maybe?).