[yt-users] non-uniform Cartesian grid volume rendering

Samuel Jones samuel.jones at h-its.org
Thu Mar 24 10:41:24 PDT 2016

Dear yt-users,

I have had generally a very smooth ride in the past using yt for volume
rendering of data on a uniform Cartesian grid. Now, however, I am trying
to do similar things with data on a non-uniform Cartesian grid, having
loaded it in with load_hexahedral_mesh.

I managed to get embree, pyembree built together with yt version
3.3-dev. I can create the hexahedral dataset with no problem (at least
no errors), but when I try to create a scene in which to do some volume
rendering I get the error copied below. I think I must doing something
wrong but I don't know what!

Thanks and Best Wishes,
Sam

ValueError                                Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-11-e24c1c1430d9> in <module>()
----> 1 sc = yt.create_scene(ds,'lset')

/home/swj/softs/yt/yt/visualization/volume_rendering/volume_rendering.pyc in
create_scene(data_source, field, lens_type)
      72
      73     if hasattr(data_source.ds.index, "meshes"):
---> 74         source = MeshSource(data_source, field=field)
      75     else:
      76         source = VolumeSource(data_source, field=field)

/home/swj/softs/yt/yt/visualization/volume_rendering/render_source.pyc
in __init__(self, data_source, field)
     369
     370         self.scene = mesh_traversal.YTEmbreeScene()
--> 371         self.build_mesh()
     372
     373     def cmap():

/home/swj/softs/yt/yt/visualization/volume_rendering/render_source.pyc
in build_mesh(self)
     421         """
     422         ftype, fname = self.field
--> 423         mesh_id = int(ftype[-1]) - 1
     424         index = self.data_source.ds.index
     425         offset = index.meshes[mesh_id]._index_offset

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'm'

some debug:

/home/swj/softs/yt/yt/visualization/volume_rendering/render_source.py(423)build_mesh()
     422         ftype, fname = self.field
--> 423         mesh_id = int(ftype[-1]) - 1
     424         index = self.data_source.ds.index

ipdb> print ftype
stream
ipdb> self.field
('stream', 'lset')
ipdb> exit

--
Samuel Jones
Physik stellarer Objekte | Physics of Stellar Objects
samuel.jones at h-its.org