[yt-users] PPV cube

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:51:15 PST 2016

Hi Dave,

Sorry, what do you mean by the "original dumb 3D cube"? Do you mean the original spatial dataset?

The PPVCube is a reduction of data, specifically a projection along a spatial axis, within a number of spectral bins. So though you gain information by creating a velocity axis, you also lose a spatial dimension.

So in that sense you can't get the original data back from the cube--you have to work with the original dataset itself.

Best,

John

John ZuHone
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics

60 Garden St., MS-67
Cambridge, MA 02138
(w) 617-496-1816
(m) 781-708-5004