[yt-users] PPV cube

David Collins dcollins4096 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:15:40 PST 2016

Hi, Everybody!

The PPV cube functionality is completely sweet.  Thanks so much!

I have one question about it.  I built my cube as described by the docs,
wrote to a fits file, then read the fits file with yt.load.  If I then want
the original dumb three dimensional cube, what's the simplest way to get
back to it?  I usually use
>>> ds.index.grids
when I want the raw data, but that gives me an odd list of 27 FITS_grid
objects.  Is covering_grid the way to get back to the raw data in this
sense?

For this application, I'm working with some other packages that make it
easier for me to do mask operations on the cube, rather than use yt regions
as I normally would.

d.

--
-- Sent from a computer.