[yt-users] Loading ASCII VTK data

Lukas Bystricky lukasbystricky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 13:47:45 PDT 2016

Hi John,

Yes, sorry it is vertex centered, I forgot to mention that. The data comes
from a staggered grid however, (the velocities and pressures defined on
separate grids); currently I'm just interpolating everything to the same
grid. In principle I could interpolate everything to a cell centered grid
(which is the native grid for the pressure), but I'd have to think about
how to handle boundary conditions in that case. Does YT handle staggered
grids in a natural way?

Thanks again,

Lukas