[yt-users] Trouble installing yt

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 12:29:23 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Elliot Eckholm <ellioteckholm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am very new to yt and am having trouble installing it. I am running on a
> Macbook pro 2011 with OS X El Capitan version 10.11.5
>
> This steps I took:
>
> $  hg clone https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt
>
> $ cd yt
>
> $ chmod +x ./doc/install_script.sh
>
> $ ./doc/install_script.sh

First, it's probably best to copy the install script out of your clone of
the yt mercurial repository. Second, can you try the latest version of the
install script? New clones end up on the stable branch, and we recently
rewrote the install script to be much more robust. Try something like this:

$ cd yt-hg
$ hg update yt
$ cp ./doc/install_script.sh ~/Desktop # (or wherever you want to put it)
$ cd ~/Desktop
$ bash install_script.sh

Hope that helps,

Nathan