[yt-users] creating gradient of a field as a derived field

Prateek Gupta prateekgidolia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 03:49:58 PDT 2016

Hello Tazkera

As much I understood, you want to store values of Gx, Gy, Gz in array named
varlist. But your syntax
varlist = ['Gx', 'Gy', 'Gz']
will not store values of Gx, Gy, Gz. It stores Gx, Gy, Gz as strings in
varlist.
if you want to store values you have to write syntax as
varlist = [Gx, Gy, Gz]

But this will also not work for you. Because if you want to take the slice
plot then you have to define varlist as field I think.
I will try to solve it. And we will wait for Nathan reply also.

Regards
Prateek