[yt-users] OffAxisProjection axes problems

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:14:52 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Stephanie Tonnesen <stonnes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The quick summary of what I want to do is switch the coordinates of the
> x-axis on a OffAxisProjection plot.  Basically, what I am trying to do is
> get a LOS look at a galaxy , so I need a 20 degree tilt in the y-z plane.
> For some reason this is swapping the x-axis direction from my plain old y
> slice.  The relevant parts of my code look like this:
>
> ds.coordinates.x_axis[1] = 0
>     ds.coordinates.x_axis['y'] = 0
>     ds.coordinates.y_axis[1] = 2
>     ds.coordinates.y_axis['y'] = 2

Is the orientation correct (albeit with z along the horizontal axis and x
along the vertical axis) if you don't do this ^ ?

What happens if you make an off-axis projection aligned with the y axis,
i.e. L = [0, 1, 0], north_vector = [0, 0, 1]?

Can you try making an off-axis projection of the 'x' and 'z' fields?