[yt-users] Greeting and questions.

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:02:08 PDT 2016

On 07/11/2016 09:45 AM, Martín Mestre wrote:
> Dear yt community,
>
> a week ago I knew about this project and after reading a small part of the
> manual, the mission statement and the code of conduct I got encouraged to
> try to learn yt (and python). I would be very glad if I could use yt to
> study the structure of some disrupted satellites that I evolved with
> Gadget-2 (dark matter only).
>
> I have installed yt and made a simple halo catalog but I am not sure if I
> have proceeded correctly. I have written some questions below. Thank you
> very much in advance for any answer or suggestion.
>
> Best regards from La Plata, Argentina,
>
> Martín Mestre

Hi Martín!

> ----------------
> INSTALLATION
>
> The Host information is: Linux seminare 2.6.37.1-mosix #2 SMP Tue Apr 19
> 12:57:51 ART 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux.
> I installed yt 3.2.3 as a simple cluster user in my home directory with the
> installation script. I have run the script a second time setting the
> option: INST_ROCKSTAR=1.
>
> The installation log is too large for the pastebin. I have only pasted
> the lines with the words "error" and "Error" respectively in the links:
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6657/ and
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6658/ .
>
> The first/last 400 lines of the log are here:
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6659/ and
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6660/ .
>
> How could I proceed to eliminate these errors ?

It's hard to tell if anything went wrong. Most of these "errors" are
caused by config checks, which is fine. There might have been something
wrong with zeromq, but if you're not using ipython notebooks I'd ignore
it. Anyway, could you share the whole log file? You can compress it to
make it smaller, e.g.:

   xz yt_install.log

then upload it to our curldrop:

   curl -T yt_install.log.xz http://use.yt/upload/

It should give you back an url that you can share with us.
Cheers,
Kacper