[yt-users] Greeting and questions.

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:07:49 PDT 2016

Hi Martín,

Someone else should be able to help you with your halo catalog-specific
questions, but I can help you out with some of these issues.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Martín Mestre <martinmestrec at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear yt community,
>
> a week ago I knew about this project and after reading a small part of the
> manual, the mission statement and the code of conduct I got encouraged to
> try to learn yt (and python). I would be very glad if I could use yt to
> study the structure of some disrupted satellites that I evolved with
> Gadget-2 (dark matter only).
>
> I have installed yt and made a simple halo catalog but I am not sure if I
> have proceeded correctly. I have written some questions below. Thank you
> very much in advance for any answer or suggestion.
>
> Best regards from La Plata, Argentina,
>
> Martín Mestre
>

> ----------------
> INSTALLATION
>
> The Host information is: Linux seminare 2.6.37.1-mosix #2 SMP Tue Apr 19
> 12:57:51 ART 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux.
> I installed yt 3.2.3 as a simple cluster user in my home directory with
> the installation script. I have run the script a second time setting the
> option: INST_ROCKSTAR=1.
>
> The installation log is too large for the pastebin. I have only pasted
> the lines with the words "error" and "Error" respectively in the links:
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6657/ and
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6658/ .
>
> The first/last 400 lines of the log are here:
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6659/ and
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6660/ .
>
> How could I proceed to eliminate these errors ?

We're getting ready to release yt 3.3, along with it a new version of the
install script that is more robust. Can you delete your old yt installation
and try re-running the version of the install script from yt's development
branch:

http://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/raw/yt/doc/install_script.sh

By default this will still install yt 3.2.3, but you can set
INST_YT_SOURCE=1 to get the latest development version of yt. You will need
to do this if you also want to install rockstar.

> AND COMPUTATION OF HALO CATALOG
>
> I have run the following scritp:
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6661/
> and the log files was:
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6662/
> I would like to know if everything looks right in the log file.
>
> I wasn't able to upload the image file (36KB), saying:
> ERROR HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Yes, imgur changed their APIs, this issue will be fixed in yt 3.3.