[yt-users] Loading dataset with no particles using a script with particle fields

José Utreras jutreras at das.uchile.cl
Thu Jul 7 11:12:23 PDT 2016

Hi yt users,

I'm using a script to calculate things for cells and particles when needed.
But I'm having the following problem:

- Each time I try to work with datasets that do not contain particles the
particle fields  are loaded which results in an error. In my simulations
some datasets have particles at the beginning and other at later times.
Then it is not desirable to have different scripts for datasets with and
without particles.

Is there a way to tell yt to not load field particles when particles are
not present?

Best regards

Jose