[yt-users] Creating Field to calculate enclosed mass

Rajika Kuruwita rajikakuruwita at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:26:43 PDT 2016

Hi yt users,

I've been using yt for a few years, and I know how to simple fields, but
I'm wondering if someone has created a field that calculates enclosed mass
at all cells (so, I guess the mass in a sphere centred on the centre of the
simulation domain, or centre of mass). I've tried to think of a few ways of
doing this, but all require iterating over all cells, and that's not very
efficient. If anyone has an suggestions or can help, that would be great!

Regards,
Rajika.