[yt-users] yt sprint at SciPy 2016: looking for in-person and remote participants

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 12:38:47 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I will be organizing the yt sprint at the 2016 SciPy conference in Austin
Texas, July 16-17. More information about the SciPy sprints is available
here:

http://scipy2016.scipy.org/ehome/146062/332969/

The main focus of this sprint will be resolving open issues for the yt 3.3
release. My hope is to be able to release yt 3.3 at the end of the sprint
or shortly afterwards.

If you are coming to the SciPy conference or are local to Austin and are
interested in participating, please feel free to drop by the sprints or
e-mail me off list with questions or concerns. We will be assigned an area
to work with tables, power outlets, snacks and coffee by the SciPy
organizers the morning of the 16th.

Even if you do not want to work on issues for yt 3.3, we're more than happy
to answer questions or offer help for contributing to yt and modifying yt
for your purposes. The conference will be happening at the AT&T conference
center on the southwest corner of the University of Texas campus.

I'd also like to encourage remote participation in this sprint. This will
proceed much like our last remote sprint - sprinters will login to the yt
slack and we will coordinate efforts there. If you would like access to the
yt slack, message me off list and I will send you an invite.

Hoping to see and hear from many of you next week :)

-Nathan