[yt-users] yt-3.2.2 Installation probelm

최호승 hopung at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 00:53:26 PST 2016

Hello all,

I'm trying to install yt-3.2.2 using all-in-one installation script.
(It's downloaded two days ago)

Using the same script, I could install yt successfully on my desktop and
laptop (ubuntu 14.04 & 15.10).
But it fails on a server (Ubuntu 15.04)

installation log tells that Cython import was not successful.

failed to import Cython:
/home/hopung/.local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/Cython/Compiler/
Code.cpython-34m.so       : undefined symbol: PyFPE_jbuf
error: Cython does not appear to be installed

But I can import and run Cython modules on the same machine, both with
Python2 and Python3.
The Code.cpytohn-34m.so source file is there.

I tried to exclude packages in install_script.sh - for example, not
installing zlib, ftype, and/or pyx.
No change in install_script.sh seems to make a difference.

I get the same error when I try yt-dev version.

I've installed many versions of yt on many machines, but this error is new
to me.
Does anyone have seen this error?

Cheers,
Hoseung