[yt-users] yt for RAMSES

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:46:00 PST 2016

On 01/15/2016 08:57 AM, Nicolas Gillet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I make a simple example that give the same error,
> I would like to create a field for 'all' from a numpy vector like
> ('all','my_vector').
> I follow the example to make derived field, it works for 'gas', and not
> for 'all.'
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6153/
> More than that, it would be great if it can work also on filter
> particle, like 'star'.
>
> Just tell me if I don't explain well the issue.
>
> Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,
I was trying to create an example that would roughly do what you want:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6157/

One thing you were definitely missing was "particle_type=True" in your
'add_field()'.

add_field('foo', ... particle_type=True), will create ('all', 'foo')
field for you. For that you can apply filter that's based on that age.

Please let me know if that snippet gives you expected results for your data.
Cheers,
Kacper