[yt-users] Can I specify the particle type when loading data?

Bili Dong - Gmail qobilidop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:21:20 PST 2016

Hi yt users,

I'm working with a particle dataset and I'm wondering if it is possible to
only load a certain type of particle fields from the snapshot as my
dataset? For example, there might be 'PartType0' and 'PartType1' in the
snapshot, but I only want to load 'PartType0'.

The reason I want to do this is that, to my understanding, the octree of
the particle dataset is constructed adaptively according to the number of
particles, including all types of particles in the dataset. But I want the
octree constructed only according to the type of particles I'm interested
in. Is it possible?

Thanks,
Bili