[yt-users] Google Summer of Code 2016, GSoC2016

Raniere Silva raniere at rgaiacs.com
Mon Feb 8 09:03:41 PST 2016

Hi all,

Since yt is a NumFOCUS affiliated project
and NumFOCUS will apply to be a mentoring organization on GSoC
I want to know (1) if yt is planning to apply this year
and (2) if want to apply under NumFOCUS umbrella.

yt is welcome and encouraged to apply as separate mentoring
organizations directly with Google. We're happy to help you fill out your
application and improve your ideas pages, as well as link your page to help
students find you. We may also be able to be a reference for you.
It is totally fine if you want to use the NumFOCUS umbrella org
as a backup plan in case you don't get selected and we do!

Cheers,
Raniere