[yt-users] SlicePlot(), How to write the plotted values to a file?

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 02:11:23 PST 2016

Hi Reju,

There is a new feature that will be in the next major release that will
make this very easy.  It is currently available in the development version
of yt.  Basically, it allows nearly all data created by yt to be saved in a
format that can be reloaded as a yt dataset.  Below is an example of how to
use it in your case:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6230/
More information can be found here:
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/analyzing/saving_data.html

If switching to the development version is not an option for you, then you
can save them to hdf5 files using the h5py module, which you will have with
your yt installation.  In that case, you can do something like this:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6231/

Britton