[yt-users] RAMSES multiple sims memory issue

Thor Andreas Seiff Ellewsen tellewsen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 03:30:09 PST 2016

Hi all,

I'm working on a project where I'm comparing different RAMSES simulations.
However I'm running into a problem with memory.
It seems that yt loads the whole simulation into memory even though I'm
only interested in a number of dark matter halos which I have the
coordinates for.

It also seems like it doesn't drop the first simulation out of memory when
I'm done making the figures I want for that one.

This quickly fills up the memory.

You can find the relevant parts of my code at the pastebin at
http://paste.yt/p4946.html
I'm running yt version 3.3.2

What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to change the axis names?
I'm making some dark matter density profiles using the
('deposit','io_density') field and this gives IO Density on the y axis, but
I just want it to say Dark matter density so my readers actually understand
what I'm talking about.

Thanks for helping

Best,
Andreas Ellewsen