[yt-users] add particle information to ds

John Zuhone jzuhone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 12:19:20 PDT 2016

Hi Chang-Goo,

> When I load the dataset from Athena and I have star particle mass, position, velocity, age information separately,

Sorry, I’m a bit confused as to what you mean by this, because as far as I know we don’t have particle support for Athena data yet. Do you actually see the particle data when you load the dataset? Also, is this the old Athena or Athena++?

> how can I add particle information to yt dataset.

I think by this you mean getting the particle fields into yt, correct? Just making sure.

Is the data part of the Athena file itself or is it in a separate file?

Best,

John