[yt-users] Contours on phase plots, or selecting what to plot in a phase plot

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 15:02:33 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I am currently making some PhasePlots to describe cosmological data.  I
want to look at the HI Density, but I really only want to look at the
distribution in baryon_overdensity-Temperature space that contains a decent
number of cells.  I can make a PhasePlot of "ones" so I can see where the
more populated regions are, but I would like to be able to use that in my
other PhasePlots.

I can think of two ways to do this--overplot contours based on the
PhasePlot data at some value (say, 300 cells).  Alternatively, I could only
include data that has 300 or more cells in the PhasePlot.

Is there a way to do either of these?

As always, thanks!
Stephanie

--