[yt-users] citing yt suggestion

Michael Zingale michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:56:14 PDT 2016

I agree that this is a good idea to list prominently.  Also note that ApJ
now has the \software{} tag in AASTeX 6.x, which can  be used to cite
software in papers.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Stephanie Tonnesen <stonnes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi yt-users,
>
> It is possible that I am just missing it, but I think it would be useful
> to have on the front page how you would like yt to be cited.  Particularly
> if there is some descriptive phrase that should be used to describe yt in
> the intro/referencing sentence.
>
> For example, "If you do use yt, please, when you reference yt in your
> paper, write:  "yt is a python package for analyzing and visualizing
> volumetric, multi-resolution data from astrophysical simulations and
> observations (Turk et al. 2011)."  "
>
> I would put the phrase of choice directly at the top of the "Get yt"
> section.
>
> Just a thought to make life easy and well-referenced!
>
> Best,
> Stephanie
>
> --
> Dr. Stephanie Tonnesen
> Alvin E. Nashman Postdoctoral Fellow
> Carnegie Observatories, Pasadena, CA
> stonnes at gmail.com

Michael Zingale
Associate Professor

Dept. of Physics & Astronomy • Stony Brook University • Stony Brook, NY
11794-3800
*phone*:  631-632-8225
*e-mail*: Michael.Zingale at stonybrook.edu
*web*: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale