[yt-users] add particle information to ds

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:11:08 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Chang-Goo Kim <cgkim at astro.princeton.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Adding particles to the athena frontend will not be
> easy since there is no unified (and well settled) data dump for particles.
> Star particles are not in the public release. Let me find other ways at
> this point.

Ah, in that case we should probably add a way for you to supply your own
particle data. You won't get chunked particle IO but if that's sufficient
it should probably be straightforward to load the data in as a keyword
argument for the load() command.

John might have some insight on what's best to do here, he's the maintainer
of the athena frontend.

-Nathan