[yt-users] Cannot load data in yt 3.2.3

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:09:29 PDT 2016

On 04/04/2016 09:59 AM, Andrew James Emerick wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm letting anaconda handle my yt install. I have a workstation with yt
> 3.2.3 running that is now unable to load any enzo data set I have... it
> crashes with the following error when trying to access the data (and
> crashes with a call to "ds.field_list" with the same error):
>
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6387/
>
> However, this doesn't seem to be a problem on my laptop which I haven't
> updated (yt 3.2.2) and also isn't a problem on FLASH data I have.
>
> Anyone have the same problem?

Hi Andrew,
this is an issue caused by numpy>1.10. It's already fixed in yt
repository [1]. However, a new version of yt hasn't been released yet.

You can either: apply that patch manually to yt-3.2.3, or postpone
upgrading a bit. There should be a new release in a near future.

Cheers,
Kacper

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/1697/cast-enzo-grid-start-index-to-int-arrays/diff