[yt-users] Installing yt on TACC / Stampede : getaddrinfo() / ipv6 error

Amit Kashi kashi at physics.umn.edu
Thu Apr 28 05:54:59 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have installed yt once with no problems, but now I'm trying to install
it on TACC/Stampede, and I'm getting an error message during the Python 2
installation stage:

Fatal: You must get working getaddrinfo() function.
or you can specify "--disable-ipv6"

I don't know what is getaddrinfo() and where I can get it.
I know what ipv6 is, but I don't know where I should specify
"--disable-ipv6"  (and whether it is a good thing to do or I better get
working getaddrinfo() function).

If anyone got this error message and knows what to do please help.

Thanks,

Amit