[yt-users] switch axes

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:55:46 PDT 2016

Hi Chang-Goo,

Take a look at this example notebook:

https://gist.github.com/cc879dbab87d21bd233b979774d5ebf0

You need to edit ds.coordinates.x_axis and ds.coordinates.y_axis. These two
dictionaries are used by yt's plotting system to determine which coordinate
is supposed to be along the x axis and which coordinate is supposed to be
along the y axis for yt plots.

The default is what it is (which admittedly doesn't look great for a disk
simulation where the vertical direction aligns with the z axis) so that yt
plots always use a right-handed coordinate system.

-Nathan