[yt-users] how to remove (yt-x86_64) prefix?

Michael Zingale michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu
Wed Sep 30 18:26:37 PDT 2015

looking at the script, it seems that if you
define VIRTUAL_ENV_DISABLE_PROMPT=1 it will not change your prompt.

You could also always just reset the prompt (the PS1 environment variable)

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Tianyu Liu <kingcrimsontianyu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear forum,
> I'm a new user (yt age: 1 day). Since the file [install_dir]/bin/activate was
> sourced, I have seen ``(yt-x86_64)'' prepended to every single line of my
> bash shell. May I know how to remove it? Thanks.
> --
>
> Best regards,
> Tianyu Liu
>
> Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering and Science
> Computer Scientist of Department of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Nuclear
> Engineering (MANE)
> Rensselaer Radiation Measurement and Dosimetry Group (RRMDG)
> <http://www.rpi.edu/dept/radsafe/public_html/index.htm>
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
> Room 1-18, NES Building, 3021 Tibbits Ave.
> Troy, NY 12180, USA
> Personal website: <http://tianyuliukingcrimson.wordpress.com>
> http://tianyuliukingcrimson.wordpress.com
>

> *The rusted chains of prison moons are shattered by the sun. I walk a
> road, horizons change, the tournament's begun. The purple piper plays his
> tune, the choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, for the
> court of the crimson king. *

Michael Zingale
Associate Professor

Dept. of Physics & Astronomy • Stony Brook University • Stony Brook, NY
11794-3800
*phone*:  631-632-8225
*e-mail*: Michael.Zingale at stonybrook.edu
*web*: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale