[yt-users] PHOX Mock observation

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 07:36:14 PDT 2015

Hi Barbara,

Any chance you could try the option I mentioned where you change number of chunks in the .yt/config file? That way you might be able to avoid doing merging altogether.

> ValueError: probabilities do not sum to 1
>

> I'm not sure what does that mean? Any ideas? Is this related to the small photon list I'm working with?

This is a bug I fixed yesterday—when I have some way of getting the patch to you I will let you know.

> I have increased the observation redshift from 0.01 (as in the example) to 0.07 because I was obtaining another error that said:
>
> 585             fak = Aratio*Tratio*Dratio
>     586             if fak > 1:
> --> 587                 raise ValueError("Spectrum scaling factor = %g, cannot be greater than unity." % fak)
>     588             my_n_obs = np.uint64(n_ph_tot*fak)
>     589
>
> ValueError: Spectrum scaling factor = 8.78099, cannot be greater than unity.
>
> But I'll admit I fixed that purely by chance and playing with the parameters...

This happens when you choose parameters for project_photons that would result in a higher number of photons being drawn than exist in the original set that you generated. I’m going to change this error message so it’s more informative.

Best,

John