[yt-users] Subplots with annotations

Mikhail Klassen klassm at mcmaster.ca
Wed Sep 16 16:50:19 PDT 2015

I would like to create a sequence of subplots in yt, but that contain
annotations.

The example from the yt cookbook shows how to create multi-plots using an
AxesGrid object:

http://yt-project.org/doc/cookbook/complex_plots.html

However, in trying to replicate this example, I haven't managed to have
subfigures that each make use of yt's annotation tools, such as
annotate_scale() or annotate_streamlines(). This would be very useful to me
if somebody knows how to do this.

In matplotlib, one can typically just add new subplot axes, modify the plot
at will, and then move on to the next set of axes. I can't seem to do this
with yt and still keep my annotations.

Cheers,
Mikhail