[yt-users] installation error

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 07:51:44 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Carla Carroll <carla.j.bernhardt at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear yt users,
>
> Yet another yt installation error:
>
> Using wget
> Using sha512sum
> Setting YT_DIR=$HOME/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/
> Installing pip
>         FAILURE REPORT:
>
> Unable to establish SSL connection.
> ERROR: certificate common name `*.c.ssl.fastly.net' doesn't match
> requested host name `bootstrap.pypa.io'.
> To connect to bootstrap.pypa.io insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
> Unable to establish SSL connection.
> ERROR: certificate common name `*.c.ssl.fastly.net' doesn't match
> requested host name `bootstrap.pypa.io'.
> To connect to bootstrap.pypa.io insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
> Unable to establish SSL connection.
> ERROR: certificate common name `*.c.ssl.fastly.net' doesn't match
> requested host name `bootstrap.pypa.io'.
> To connect to bootstrap.pypa.io insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
> Unable to establish SSL connection.

> Failure.  Check $HOME/yt-x86_64/yt_install.log.  The last 10 lines are
> above.

It looks like your wget is a bit out of date:

https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/1823

You might be able to fix it by updating wget (not sure what OS you're on or
how you installed it originally). Alternatively, I've made a small edit to
the install script to force it to use curl instead of wget. You can
download my edited version of the install script here:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/ngoldbaum/85a494fa1bb8f65662b8/raw/9145c708ae78d5d5059327a2e6a46523946e949b/install_script.sh