[yt-users] yt-users Digest, Vol 91, Issue 23

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 05:45:44 PDT 2015

Hi Barbara,

I guess what I was really curious about were the average properties of the cluster—M200, r200, average temperature within r200. I wanted to know how big and luminous of an object we were dealing with.

For a start, you can probably try by decreasing the effective area A by a factor of 3 or so, so maybe 2000. 6000 is simply too much, I should probably change that in the example. For most X-ray telescopes, the effective area of the instrument is about a factor of 10 less than this, so you should be ok.

If we still have a problem then, we’ll look at other options.

By how much did you increase photons_per_chunk, by the way?

Best,

John