[yt-users] draw_ids

David Collins dcollins4096 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:32:17 PDT 2015

This is about what I expected.  So why and or how do I have these two
slices with grid ids that are the same, but clearly not the same grid? The
below shows two slices from the same simulation, but notice that number 169
is a level 2 grid near the center in the first plot, and a level one grid
near the edge in the second plot.  The grid with id =169 is a level 1 grid,
but seems to have RightEdge that's consistent with the center of the center
of the box.

http://imgur.com/a/mvCzW

d.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The code for that is here:
>>

>> https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/src/a7c319c1f87d4b749aa6feb737da504e43a7defb/yt/visualization/plot_modifications.py?at=yt#plot_modifications.py-628
>>
>> It's coming from the grid_indicies field, which is defined here:
>>

>> https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/src/a7c319c1f87d4b749aa6feb737da504e43a7defb/yt/fields/geometric_fields.py?at=yt#geometric_fields.py-61
>>
>> Due the validators used in that field definition "data" is an
>> AMRGridPatch instance, which is defined in yt/data_objects/grid_patch.py. "
>> data.id" is the grid ID and "data._id_offset" is (as far as I can see)
>> always 1.
>>

> Should only be 1 for Enzo, I think.  The other patch-AMR datasets are I
> think all 0-indexed.
>

>> -Nathan
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM, David Collins <dcollins4096 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Everybody--
>>>
>>> I'm trying to sort out some funny issues with a run, and I'm using the
>>> draw_ids flag to annotate_grids.  I'm noticing that the same IDs are used
>>> in wildly different grids.  Where do the ids used for this flag come from,
>>> and how can I relate them to the grids in index.grids?
>>>
>>> d.
>>>
>>> --
>>> -- Sent from a computer.

-- Sent from a computer.