[yt-users] installing yt on mac 10.11

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:29:32 PDT 2015

Hi Akimi,

Extracting the relevant bit from the end of your install log, here is the
error: http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5974/

So it seems there's a syntax error in a header provided by OSX that python
is indirectly including, breaking the build. I don't see any references to
this issue on google or on python's bug tracker, so I'm not sure what the
appropriate workaround is. Unfortunately I don't have a box with 10.11
installed to see if I can reproduce this.

Has anyone had success running the install script on 10.11?

Finally, a more brute-force workaround might be to set up your yt
environment using miniconda, which comes bundled with a precompiled version
of python.

Best,

Nathan