[yt-users] installing yt on mac 10.11

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:51:33 PDT 2015

I think we have a solution for this, and I'd appreciate both your help in
testing it out.

Rather than using the install script, we have an alternate script
"get_yt.sh" that sets up miniconda and installs yt using conda.

Can you two try downloading the following script using e.g. "wget" or "curl
-O":

https://bitbucket.org/ngoldbaum/yt/raw/847992425cebd26d32fee6c6576c11fa24124e77/doc/get_yt.sh

You can then run it just like the install script with

$ bash get_yt.sh

Unlike the install script, there is no need to run an activate script, you
will just need to prepend a directory to your PATH. At the end of the
script, it will print out the appropriate bash command to do that.

If this works for you, it would help us out to know that. If it doesn't
work, it would also help if you could tell us how it failed.

I hope this is a good solution going forward,

Nathan