[yt-users] surf.export_ply issues

Tomer Nussbaum tomer.nussbaum at mail.huji.ac.il
Thu Oct 15 01:26:23 PDT 2015

Hello there,

I want to make a 3D model of my ART simulation with the YT platform. After
much reading and talking in the YT mirc I understand some code is needed to
make it work.

I would appreciate if you could answer me about some questions I have had
through the last couple of days:

0. I understand that "export_ply" and the other functions in YTSurfaceBase
work on other simulation but not on "particle based simulations" like ART.
is this correct?
1. Why does it not work on ART sim?
2. What should I do in order to make it run on ART sim?
3. What does "get_vertex_centered_data" suppose to do? most of the time the
error come from this function (not implemented..), is it a the main
problem? can I work around it?
4. Is there a way to transform the ART data to some data that do work in
order to make it work?
5. What is "particle based simulations"?

Thnx,
Tomer