[yt-users] Problem when run yt dev in parallel on Blue Waters

Pengfei Chen madcpf at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:36:51 PST 2015

Hi all,

I have trouble running yt in parallel on Blue Waters. I installed yt using
miniconda, the version of yt is

~/miniconda/lib $yt version
yt module located at:

/u/sciteam/madcpf/miniconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yt-3.3.dev0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg
The current version and changeset for the code is:
---
Version = 3.3-dev
Changeset = 90f900be7a36+ yt

Then with miniconda/bin in PATH I installed mpi4py-2.0.0. But when I tried
to make the following simple output in parallel, I get:

import yt
yt.enable_parallelism()
from yt.utilities.parallel_tools.parallel_analysis_interface import\
 parallel_objects, communication_system

comm = communication_system.communicators[-1]
print comm.rank, comm.size

0 1
0 1
0 1
0 1
0 1
0 1
0 1
0 1

When I run a similar code but with yt-2.x also on Blue Waters, I get what I
expect:

7 16
15 16
6 16
9 16
11 16
8 16
0 16
4 16

I'm confused about it. Could anyone give me some suggestions please?

Thanks,
Pengfei